The Churches of God, General Conference upholds the Bible as its “only and all sufficient rule of faith and practice.” Hence its doctrine and ministry is rooted directly in scripture. The following ten core values that shape and mold the life of the church grow directly out of this priority focus upon God’s Word.
- We VALUE obedience to Jesus Christ in all situations.
- We VALUE each individual as one who matters to God.
- We VALUE dependence on and confidence in God’s ability to do more than we ask or imagine; we are willing to take risks and expect God to surprise us.
- We VALUE Christ honoring, culturally relevant worship.
- We VALUE evangelistic outreach ministry to those who do not yet belong to Christ and the church.
- We VALUE each believer growing in Christ likeness and serving in ministry based on their spiritual gifts.
- We VALUE vital reproducing congregations.
- We VALUE trained, committed and competent leaders (pastors and lay persons).
- We VALUE Christian unity within a diverse body of faith.
- We VALUE accountability among believers and congregations.
As witnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ We commit ourselves to make more and better disciples By establishing churches on the New Testament plan And proclaiming the gospel around the world.
Click here to learn about what we believe.